Let's Catch Up with Madi, Art Director
It’s been a while since we had an employee spotlight on the blog! We're excited to catch up with Madi this week. She indulged us and answered our random questions with sweet responses like only Madi could!
1. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
I’ll Have the Lobster Bisque. I really like lobster bisque.
2. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I’d love to speak French fluently.
3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Charter a boat and sail the Mediterranean!
4. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? I’m a compulsive cleaner. I often find myself filling free time with little household chores.
5. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
Bilbo Baggins! I love to go on big adventures. 6. What is something you learned in the last week?
That my little basil plant can grow completely without soil. I’m amazed.
7. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Horseback riding! Growing up I wanted to take lessons so badly, so a couple of years ago I decided I’d make my childhood dreams come true. It’s been one of the most challenging things I’ve ever done, but worth every minute!
8. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Emptying the dishwasher. I’d rather clean toilets than empty a dishwasher.
9. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
David Attenborough. He’s had so many amazing encounters with animals. I also admire his commitment to saving our environment.
10. What three traits define you?
I think I’m patient, adventurous, and kind. Although I’m not sure my husband would agree with the kind part.
11. Ten years ago, who did you think you would be now? I’ve never had a particularly focused idea of who I wanted to become. I think 20-something me would be proud to know that her future self is happy, healthy and spending lots of time with the people she loves.
12. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? A biologist or zoologist. I would love to spend time outside studying animals or working at a zoo.
13. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13? To enjoy learning! Now I think about how fun it would be to spend all day learning new skills and soaking up knowledge.
14. What is your favorite thing about working at Sassafras? I love working on a variety of projects and clients. I’m never ever stuck doing just one thing. Sassafras provides me with the opportunity to stretch my creatives skills and learn new ones all the time. I never know what’s just around the corner at Sassafras!